Saturday 9 January 2016

Marc Laidlaw Has Confirmed that he has left Valve -News

Source

The Man that made Half-life and Half-life 2 has finally confirmed that he has retired from Valve and has no plans on making Half-Life 3 and has no idea what Valve is going to do about the whole situation.

Half-life is the beloved series by all gamers world-wide, and the third installment of the game was awaited by many for years, but now that the retirement is confirmed the disappointment of the gaming community is evident on Reddit and Twitter.

"I am no longer a full or part time Valve employee, no longer involved in day to day decisions or operations, no longer a spokesman for the company, no longer privy to most types of confidential information, no longer working on any Valve games in any capacity." -Marc Laidlaw---"I'm old, or anyway oldish. My nickname when I first started at Valve in 1997 was "Old Man Laidlaw." The baby level designer who gave me that nickname is older now than I was then. Imagine how much older I am! [...] I had a good run but lately I have been feeling the need for a break from the collaborative chaos of game production, and a return to more self-directed writing projects."


No comments:

Post a Comment